What personal information do we collect?
When you register on our website, you voluntarily give us certain information:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an Expio account.
- Profile information that you may provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture).
- User Content (e.g., photos, questions, experience, comments, links on the videos, and other materials) that you post on the Expio website to share your experience about the products with other users)
- Communications between you and Expio. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features, technical and security notices)
When do we collect the information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, or enter questions or experiences on our site. You also may give us permission to access your information on other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts).
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features, in order to:
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content in which you are most interested
- improve our website in order to better serve you, other users, and registered companies
- allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your current or subsequent visit to Expio (e.g. remember the companies and products you choose to follow)
- develop and test new features
- monitor metrics such as the total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
How do we share your information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use the Service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (like using a strong password).
Do we use 'cookies'?
We honor your desire to keep your information private and Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Our policy on COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How to contact us